Just been doing strip planking since last web publish. Here
I've reached the half way mark.
In summary here are the guidelines I have developed for strip planking.
- Bevel the edges of each plank before nailing it on.
- Use the scarf joint instead of a butt joint. It looks nicer and works better.
- Spread epoxy on both mating surfaces before placing the new strip.
- For each new layer of strips, make sure the joints are between a different
set of frames than the strip below it.
- Try to avoid putting a joint at a sharper bending area such as between
frames 4 and 4a.
- Avoid laying on more than 2 or 3 strips on a side in a day.
- Fit the strip next to the frame. Don't use screws to force it to
after nailing on.